Friday, June 29, 2012

Is it Vain pursuits or God's Will?

OK so this is the question that the Lord posed to me about a month ago when I started looking for a new job.  About 10 years ago I was on a mission for God to marry technology with the Church.  I had a vision of Church's streaming services to missionaries in 3rd World Countries, live chatting with your Pastor, and congregations using the Web Sites not only for informal purposes, which was the buzz at that time, but to actually conduct Church business.

No God doesn't want Social Media to replace face to face fellowship but to enhance it.  So fast forward to me looking for my next role.  God showed me my vain pursuit of wanting a position just for the title and the prestige.  Yes, the Pride of Life was dominating me.  This was a hidden sin that the Lord revealed through the course of my job search.  God simply said to me, Nicole you feel overlooked, unappreciated, and people doubt you can do anything non-technical.  So you react by pursuing a role that has all the outer acceptance for which you think you lack.

Once I repented and submitted my will for God's Will, He started to show me the original vision from 10 years ago again - YES I wrote the vision down 10years ago and I still have it.  He told me you got off course because of FEAR!!!!!  You heard from others that this area was experiencing famine and this other brand was a sure thing.  So you turned your back on MY WILL to your VAIN PURSUITS!!!!  Ooooooo MY!!!!  That is a hard but good pill to swallow.  Fear will drive you to make decisions based on emotions,which 9 times out of 10 are out of the Will of God. 

Suffice it to say, I am BACK in His WILL.  I start a new role effective July 1 where it may seem like a step back to some but I promise you it is not.  God has a greater plan than me just earning a paycheck.  I am EXCITED to be able to use my MS in eCommmerce and Advance Technology, to be able to be able to visit my family more since my territory is Mid-Atlantic (DC, MD, VA, PA, and NC) without having to move back...Raleigh is my home at this point in time...nope I won't get it twisted!!!

So I pray that you break out of the mold of what society and the sub-culture (you will get that reference if you are reading the book The Irresistible Church:  12 Traits of a Church that Heaven Applauds by Wayne Cordeiro) says and be in HOTTTTT  pursuit of God's Will.

You know I had to put the Word on it: 
Psalm 127:1a:  A Song of Ascents, of Solomon. Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it;

Proverbs 12:11:  He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: but he that followeth vain persons is void of understanding.

This song says it well:  New Dreams by Trip Lee

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Nicole, I needed to see this. I need to do some re-evaluation. THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete